Option 1 - Blog Post
I believe in the value of good writing and sharing knowledge.
dev.to is a platform on which developers share knowledge, have discussions, and debate tons of development-related topics. There are also career topics and other related startup-related topics.
This option is to write a blog post on dev.to on a topic with which you have expertise.
You can write as many posts as you want, but can only obtain up to 2% among all bonus assignments.
- Write a blog post on dev.to that is at least 800 words (~4 minute read)
- You must provide some useful information
- It does not need to be a blog post worthy of the Alan Turing prize, but it must provide some insight into a topic that someone would find useful
- Examples include a tutorial on a topic, a summarization of an experiment you did, thoughts on a topic, etc.
- It cannot be a discussion topic (you’re welcome to write one of those too, but I want to encourage technical writing)
- Must use decent grammar and writing (I highly recommend using the free version of Grammarly)
- If your submission is determined to need grammar updates, I will give you a chance to update it
- Must be submitted before the start of exams which you can find on the university’s website
You are to publish your post on dev.to and email me the link.
|Content||Useful information that someone will find useful||60.0|
|Grammar and Writing Quality||Has little to no grammatical mistakes||30.0|
|Length||It is at least 800 words (~4 min read)||10.0|